The World Packaging Organisation (WPO) has announced the names of the finalist candidates for WorldStar Special Awards and has also revealed the date for the virtual ceremony of WorldStar 2021.
The virtual ceremony for the winners of WorldStar 2021 will take place on 9 June. During the ceremony, all winners of the 2021 edition will be announced, including WorldStar Special Awards, Student Awards and WPO Life Time Achievement Award.
“The WPO executive team is always searching and working on creative and innovative solutions to continue interacting with the global packaging community despite the global pandemic. That´s why we decided to surprise the audience with a hybrid virtual award ceremony,” WPO president Pierre Pienaar said.
He also mentioned that the WorldStarsis the largest and most important global packaging competition, with 2021 registering 194 winners and attracting over 345 entries from 35 countries around the globe.
The countries most awarded are Japan, with 26 awards, followed by China, taking 22 awards, US taking 14 awards, A/NZ taking 13 awards, and Czech Republic and Turkey taking 12 awards each.
There will be 13 winners in the Special Awards in the categories – Lifetime Achievement Award, President´s Award, Sustainability, Packaging that Saves Food and Marketing – in addition to the winners of WorldStar Student Award. Winners are from 32 countries around the globe.
The list of finalist candidates for these Special Awards are:
President’ Awards Finalists:
- Label – Rumcajsovka (Etiflex, s.r.o, Czech Republic)
- PerFORMing (Mondi Consumer Packaging GmbH, Austria)
- Lincoln & York’s Recyclable Coffee Packaging (A.Hatzopoulos S.A., Greece)
- Packlock (Ideewiss AG, Switzerland)
- Hansol EB (Hansol Paper Co.,Ltd, Korea)
Marketing Award Finalists:
- Hakutsuru Sake Ukiyo-E Label box series (Rengo Co.,Ltd., Japan)
- Multi-functional, Transparent Windowed Food Packaging (Tulipack Ambalaj San ve Tic A.S., Turkey)
- Communication Label U-Universe (Rise LTD, Russia)
Sustainability Award Finalist:
- Jordan Green Clean (Orkla Home & Personal Care, Norway)
- KraftPal X Pallet (KraftPal Ltd., United Kingdom)
- Coca-Cola Amatil rPET Program (Coca-Cola Amatil, Australia)
Packaging that Saves Food Award Finalist:
- Polymer bottle “Vognyar” (Fireman) with protection against UV rays (Pack Group, Ukraine)