The World Packaging Organisation (WPO) has announced the shortlisted candidates for four special awards within the WorldStar Awards 2020 programme, following the recent reveal of some of its other category winners.
Three Australian businesses made the finalist list across four categories. They include Plantic Technologies, Woolworths Australia and Sealed Air Australia for their innovative solutions.
The shortlist for the President’s Award Finalists include:
- Plantic Technologies from Australia for its Plantic RV Skin Packaging Materials
- Cafès Novell from Spain for its compostable barrier organic coffee capsules that are compatible with Nespresso coffee makers
- Magna International from Singapore for its Vappro VBCI 826 Soluplast solution, and
- Coca-Cola Brazil for its universal returnable bottle solution.
The finalists for the Sustainability Award Finalists are:
- Woolworths Australia for its Woolworths Bakery Plant Fibre Tray
- Pact New Zealand for its Lewis Road 100 per cent rPET Milk Bottle, and
- JASA Packaging Solutions from the Netherlands for its Bag-2-Paper solution.
Finalists for the Packaging that Saves Food Award include:
- Placon from USA for its HomeFresh Entrée solution
- Beijing YiSide Packaging Design Co from China for its Npop Deqingyuan Recyclable Egg-box solution, and
- Sealed Air Australia for its Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm and Sealed Air for Cryovac Darfresh on Tray solution.
As for the Marketing Award Finalists, they include:
- PepsiCo Inc. USA for its Pepsi NFL Laces Can
- LG Household & Health Care South Korea for its O Hui Day Shield Smart Pumping Foundation Cushion, and
- Placon USA for its PackLock Bi-Fold Clamshell solution.
Bronze, silver and gold awards for each of these awards will be announced on 8 May in Düsseldorf, Germany, during interpack.
A complete list of the other 2020 Worldstar winners can be found here.
The 2021 WorldStar awards will be open for entry in June 2020, with the judging to take place in South Africa in November this year.