The Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP), in conjunction with Packaging New Zealand, is calling on for entries for the 2020 Australasian Packaging Innovation & Design Awards (PIDA).
The awards ceremony, which will take place during the AIP Australasian Packaging Conference, will happen in Melbourne in April.
“PIDA was designed to recognise companies and individuals who are making a significant difference in their fields in Australia and New Zealand,” AIP executive director Nerida Kelton said.
“The PIDA Awards are the exclusive award program for all Australia and New Zealand entries into the WorldStar Packaging Awards, which is coordinated by the World Packaging Organisation (WPO).”
The 2020 PIDA categories include:
- Design Innovation of the Year: Food
- Design Innovation of the Year: Beverage
- Design Innovation of the Year: Health, Beauty & Wellness
- Design Innovation of the Year: Domestic & Household
- Design Innovation of the Year: Labelling & Decoration
- Sustainable Packaging Special Award
- Save Food Packaging Design Special Award
- Accessible Packaging Design Special Award
In addition, there are three awards designed for people who have made specific contributions to the packaging industry. These Individual awards include:
- Young Packaging Professional of the Year
- Industry Packaging Professional of the Year
- Packaging New Zealand Scholarship that will offer one person from New Zealand the opportunity to enroll in the Diploma in Packaging Technology Course – an internationally recognised and accredited course.
Entries are now open and the specifics of each individual award can be retrieved from here.
Applications will remain open till 14 February.