HP Inc. has launched a new drupa portfolio for HP Indigo digital labels and packaging, which it has designed to accelerate the digital print transformation.
In a major step towards extending analog-to-digital conversion, HP announced the HP Indigo V12 Digital Press, the company’s first HP Indigo built on next-generation HP Indigo LEPX architecture.
Key features of the HP Indigo V12 Digital Press include: printing up to six colours at 120 linear metres per minute, using six inline imaging engines running simultaneously; new high definition imaging; up to 12 colours on press capabilities; and one-pass, high-speed finishing capabilities provided by AB Graphic.
As the first unit of its Indigo Series 6 platform, the narrow-web label press focuses on quality and versatility at significantly higher speeds. As a result, HP has said that the HP Indigo V12 print competes with analog speeds and also provides greater production agility.
The drupa portfolio also introduces the new narrow-web HP Indigo 6K and HP Indigo 8K digital presses for labels, the HP Indigo 25K for flexible packaging and labels, and sheetfed HP Indigo 35K for high-value folding cartons and roll-to-B1 sheet HP Indigo 90K for folding cartons.
The HP Indigo 6K Digital Press is the new model of the HP Indigo 6000 series. The press aims to deliver more applications using higher opacity white for shrink sleeves, new inks including silver, fluorescents, invisible red and green for brand protection applications and new varnishes from leading partners for higher durability.
As for the HP Indigo 8K, it offers increased productivity, reduced waste and easier transitioning between media types and jobs. High-capacity label production and flexible packaging on the new mid-web HP Indigo 25K Digital Press are supported with a new slitter for labels.
HP Indigo general manager Alon Bar-Shany mentioned that the diversified range allows for various upgrade options, enabling existing customers to benefit from new features and capabilities.
“The digital labels and packaging market is growing and evolving as converters move to support market needs for on-demand production, SKU diversification, customisation and printing with reduced waste,” he said.
“Labels and packaging converters using HP Indigo are growing their Indigo volume four times faster than the market and are consistently generating new opportunities. The new labels and packaging portfolio unveiled today is a blueprint for customers to create a digital print factory so they can stay ahead of the curve and deliver a wider range of jobs faster, with less labour, all while keeping the environment top of mind.”
In addition, HP has launched a new colour automation solution, Spot Master, for converters to reach brand colours quickly while delivering colour consistency and uniformity across the entire print frame using a new patented algorithm for fast and accurate colour matching.
Spot Master will be available for the HP Indigo 35K, HP Indigo 25K, HP Indigo 6K and HP Indigo 8K presses.
HP has also launched Brand Beat, a new application offered in HP PrintOSX, which aims to deliver real-time colour reports directly to converters and brands.
HP PrintOSX is an AI-driven service and support infrastructure that boasts a suite of tools which unites cloud platform applications.
Another new solution is PrintOS Production Pro for Indigo Labels and Packaging, featuring the HP Indigo Raster Image Processor (RIP).
The solution seamlessly integrates with the new Esko Automation Engine for HP Indigo, allowing converters to process more jobs per day.
The HP Indigo 6K, HP Indigo 8K, HP Indigo 25K, HP Indigo 35K, and HP Indigo 90K digital presses will be commercially available later in 2020. The HP Indigo V12 will be demonstrated at drupa and is scheduled for commercial availability in 2022.
Here’s the full list of HP Indigo’s newly unveiled labels and packaging solutions:
- The HP Indigo V12 Digital Press for labels: The first HP Indigo based on next-gen LEPX architecture that competes with analog speeds and creates new opportunities for label production with HP Indigo’s renowned print quality, ink range, and application versatility.
- Spot Master: HP Indigo’s next-generation colour automation technology.
- HP Indigo 6K and HP Indigo 8K Digital Presses: Featuring wider application possibilities, and delivering more jobs per day using advanced colour and workflow automation capabilities.
- B2 sheetfed HP Indigo 35K and roll-to-sheet B1 HP Indigo 90K presses: For folding cartons serving verticals such as health and personal care, plastic cards and high-end folding carton markets
- HP Indigo 25K Digital Press: Providing improved total cost of ownership to help labels and flexible packaging converters grow profitably by delivering on-demand flexible packaging.
- HP PrintOSX and the HP Production Pro for Indigo Labels and Packaging Print Server: Allows converters to realise the vision of the print factory of the future, processing more jobs every day with minimal operator touchpoints.