After an absence of 2.5 years, Europe’s main flagship event for the label industry, Labelexpo Europe, is set to take place from 26 to 29 April in Brussels.
Labelexpo Global Series managing director Lisa Milburn said the world’s largest label and package printing show promises to showcase everything that is required for an ever-changing, vibrant, and still growing sector.
“The quest for perfect print will be an adventurous journey around the latest developments in technology, the brand-new digital embellishment trail, live demonstrations, masterclasses, sustainability and recycling initiatives, and other exciting new features,” she said.
Moreover, the show is the perfect opportunity for converters to reconnect with peers and suppliers and do business face-to-face again.
“Exhibitor participation is very encouraging, not only in the numbers that are so keen to reconnect in person, but in the calibre of industry suppliers offering the industry a chance to truly reconnect and do business,” Milburn added.
Excitement is building for FINAT as well. This year, the FINAT stand can be found in hall 3, stand C22. The stand will serve as a meeting point for FINAT members and all who wish to get a better understanding of the label industry.
Furthermore this year, FINAT’s presence at the show will have some special features:
- FINAT will be announcing the winners of the 2021/2022 #LABELicious competition. The aim of this competition is to increase awareness among young creative designers and skilled technologists between the age of 18 and 25 years of the creative and technical skills involved in creating tomorrow’s labels and label sector.
- FINAT will display the winners of the 2020 and 2021 FINAT Label Competition that recognises and highlights the advantages and uses of self-adhesive labels and flexible packaging as an effective marketing, promotional or identification tool.
- FINAT will give a status update of the UVFoodSafe project that after COVID-related delay is nearing completion.
- FINAT will highlight programme features of the upcoming European Label Forum, from 1 to 3 June in Baveno (Italy), that will be back to provide a unique platform to discuss strategic challenges for the industry moving beyond the pandemic.
- Also in the making is the programme for FINAT’s Technical Seminar that is scheduled to take place on 23 to 25 November in Barcelona, Spain.
Health and safety features
Brussels Expo has announced that it has invested in a world-leading air filtration and recirculation system that is also used to disinfect hospital rooms and other public areas. The center will also implement other measures and precautions that visitors need to abide by, meeting all the necessary safety requirements.
FINAT president Philippe Voet said, “We are still in the twilight zone between the pandemic and the reopening of the economy, but I see light at the end of the tunnel. After having lived in a bubble for almost two years now, even within our own factories, I sense a growing urge among members to break away from this enclosure and reconnect with peers. Despite the fact that it may be a less global event this time, Labelexpo Europe remains the European trade show and meeting point for our industry.”