AusIndustry and the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) will be collaborating to host a free webinar on 31 May to discuss Marketing without Greenwashing.
This webinar – from 2pm to 3.30pm AEST – aims to provide attendees with an opportunity to hear from packaging experts and better understand how to avoid greenwashing in on-pack marketing.
Attendees will hear from experts at the AIP where the topics to be covered include:
- ACCC Green Marketing Guide
- Plastic Identification Codes
- Green Marketing Principles
- Legal on pack labelling requirements
- On-Pack and Off-Pack Labelling
- ARL – consumer insights
AIP said this free event will especially be of interest to SMEs seeking to ensure they are clearly communicating and leveraging the sustainability practices they are quite often already doing in their businesses to their consumers and supply chains.
It added that the ACCC recently released a report Greenwashing by businesses in Australia (March 2023), in which it was identified that some businesses are:
- using vague or unclear environmental claims.
- not providing sufficient evidence for their claims.
- setting environmental goals without clear plans for how these will be achieved.
- using third-party certifications and symbols in a confusing way.
“So how do Australian SMEs avoid falling into being perceived as greenwashing in the eyes of their customers and the regulators – particularly where your customers and consumers are reliant upon sustainability claims to make purchasing decisions?” the AIP questioned. Click here to book your attendance.