The World Packaging Organisation (WPO) hasconfirmed that the upcoming WorldStar Award Ceremony for 2022 will take place, physically, on 4 May in Milan (Italy), during IPACK-IMA 2022, which is to take place from 3 to 6 May.
The program is being coordinated in cooperation with WPO local member, the Italian Institute of Packaging.
“On behalf of the WPO, I wish to congratulate all those who have received WorldStar recognition. To be shortlisted is indeed a huge achievement. To get global recognition is outstanding! In a way this is the Olympics of packaging. A massive congratulations to the finalists for the Special Awards namely, the Sustainability Award, the Marketing Award, and the Save Food Award”, WPO president Pierre Pienaar said.
IPACK-IMA president Valerio Soli said the organisation is honoured by the partnership with WPO and looks forward to an event of such importance for the whole packaging world.
“IPACK-IMA will be the most important processing & packaging exhibition to be held in attendance in 2022, a truly long-awaited and necessary return for the industry. Our exhibition represents an unmissable event for a company that wants to show in advance its technological innovations to an industry that is eager to discover, learn and develop new business relationships,” Soli said.
“I can proudly say that to date, with over 1,000 exhibitors, IPACK-IMA offers a very attractive and complete technological panorama, with innovations and previews of future production trends for all industries involved: from pasta, bakery and milling to convenience and liquid food, from sweets and confectionery to the non-food segments including pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmeceutical and durable goods industries.”
The organisation also announced the finalists for the Special Categories. The winners for the WorldStar Special Categories – President’s Award, Sustainability, Marketing and Packaging that Saves Food – will be also announced during the WorldStar Ceremony, in addition to the winners of the Lifetime Packaging Achievement Award and the WorldStar Student Awards.
The finalists for the Special Awards are:
– CoolCAN – web2print solution for personalised can printing, (Colognia press – Czech Republic)
– Asahi Suoer Dry Nama Jokki Can, (Asahi Breweries – Japan)
– Greyder V (Tasarist – Turkey)
Packaging that Saves Food
– hvb HiPack (hvb Innova AG – Switzerland)
– Junee Prime Lamb and Sealed Air for CRYOVAC brand Total Bone Guard (Sealed Air – Australia and New Zealand)
– IceCoat – Mini Fridfe without Electricity (STREIFFGruppe – Sven Holger Streiff and Maik Bermeitinger – Germany)
– Flexible and sustainable packaging concept for fruit and vegetables (Bama Packaging – Norway)
– PaPacks Refill Caps (PaPacks Sales – Germany)
– rPET school milk cup (Pet-Man, Starlinger viscotec, Greiner Packaging, Schulmilchbauern Oberösterreich – Austria)
– PaPacks Fiber Bottle (PaPacks Sales – Germany)
– Woolworths PaperSeal Meat Tray, (Woolworths Group – Australia & New Zealand)
Access the complete list of 2022 WorldStar winners here.
Entries for the 2023 edition are open starting 15 June 2022 until 15 October 2022.