Finalists in the Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) Awards of Excellence have been announced.
APPMA chairman Mark Dingley said, “We had a strong response to the awards, expanded to eight categories and reshaped this year around four main points: recognition, celebration, inclusivity and education. The number of submissions shows the value the industry places on this award program”.
Awards and finalists are:
Australian Machinery Manufacturing Award – SME: recognising Australian-based manufacturing, innovation and success of a product launched into the domestic and/or export market in the past three years.
- Automation Systems & Controls – Scan Tunnel
- INOX Australia – Turn-key Food Processing Systems
- Trimatt Systems – Trimatt Systems – CardLine 7000
Australian Machinery Manufacturing Award – Corporate: recognising Australian-based manufacturing, innovation and success of a product launched into the domestic and/or export market in the past three years.
- Fibre King – ‘Little Packer’ Casepacker
- Foodmach Pty Ltd – Foodmach LMES (Line Manufacturing Execution System)
- Robotic Automation – Robotic Automation MOTOPAL Palletising Gripper
Import & Distribution Machinery Award – SME: recognising innovation and success in equipment launched in Australia in the past three years.
- Packsize – The M1: Global Modular Architecture and Advanced Functionality
- Pacmatix Pty Ltd – GSP 50s Flow Wrapper
Import & Distribution Machinery Award – Corporate: recognising innovation and success in equipment launched in Australia in the past three years.
- Foodmach Pty Ltd – Mengibar MassFlow Filler-Capper
- Omni Group – VentX Unico Ventilated Pallet Wrapping Machine
- Rhima Australia – Rhima RPC washer and automation
Packaging Design Innovation Award: recognising design innovation and success as a result of a new idea or modification introduced into a packaging design.
- GS1 Australia – 2DBarcodes on packaging by GS1: Welcome to the new dimension
- Heat & Control – Ishida Inspira Series Snack Food Bagmaker
- Select Equip – PaperSeal Sustainable Packaging
Sustainability Award: focusing on environmental sustainability, such as recycling, food waste redistribution, environmentally friendly energy supply, and so on. This category incorporates sustainability projects recognising organisations showing leadership and commitment to environmentally sustainable business practices, through innovative solutions for new and existing market needs.
- Aerofloat – Aerofloat Wastewater Treatment Technology
- Detmold Group – Detpak RecycleMe™ Noodle Cup
- LACO Automation & Service – Circular Plastic Australia jvc – Recycling Plant
Community Contribution Award: recognising organisations that demonstrate leadership and commitment to community wellbeing. This award recognises members’ industry-level contributions during the past two to three years.
- Foodmach Pty Ltd – Project Med-Con
- HMPS – HMPS’s long-standing partnership with Sight For All
- Matthews Australasia – iDSnet Cloud – Simple Compliance for Free
Emerging Leadership Award: this is foran individual who has been engaged in the Australian packaging and processing industry machinery industry for less than 10 years. This award recognises capability and leadership, whether in research, technical or business operations. Winners will have the opportunity of an ambassadorial role within the industry.
- Automation Systems and Control – Nick Kovess, Project Manager Engineer: Automation
- Automation Systems and Control – Rayen Emmanuel, Project Manager Engineer: Automation
- Fibre King – James Herrmann, Engineering Coordinator
- HMPS – Simon Czudek, Design Manager
- Rhima Australia – Saeed Mafi, Mechanical Engineer
Dingley said, “On behalf of the APPMA board, I commend every business that submitted an entry on their efforts. You will have found doing so offers you an excellent benchmarking opportunity to critically review your processes and practices, while the feedback you will receive from the judges will be highly worthwhile.”
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, 18 May, at Auspack 2022.
For more information and to book tickets, click here.