The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) has announced that applications for the 2023 APCO Annual Awards are officially open.
As Australia’s annual celebration of sustainable packaging leadership, APCO’s Annual Awards recognise businesses and sustainability professionals that are driving progress towards a circular economy for packaging in Australia.
This year, the awards return with a host of new features, including a new independent judging panel coordinated by the Banksia Foundation, featuring esteemed professionals from across the packaging industry value chain.
APCO said for the first time, many award entries will also be open to non-members in an aim to foster a culture of inclusivity and amplify the collective impact of sustainability efforts.
This inclusive approach encourages organisations from all corners of the industry to participate and contribute to a sustainable packaging future.
APCO CEO Chris Foley said, “The APCO Annual Awards celebrate the visionaries, the risk-takers, and the game-changers who are shaping the future of packaging here in Australia.
“This year, we are excited to be taking that celebration to new heights – by inviting applications from any business here in Australia. So, whether your team is pioneering reusable packaging or changing the packaging conversation through cutting-edge consumer education – don’t miss out on this chance to have your achievements recognised.”
Award categories open to all businesses:
- Our Packaging Future Awards: Open to any business operating in Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific Islands, the Our Packaging Future Awards celebrate excellence in the areas of SPGs implementation, reuse, industry education, consumer education, improved recycling systems and recycled content.
- Sustainability Champion Award: This APCO award recognises individuals that are making a tangible difference on sustainable packaging in Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific Islands.
Categories open to APCO members only:
- Industry Sector Awards (Full & SME): These awards recognise the top organisations promoting sustainability and innovation in their respective industry sector.
- Highest Performing New Member Award (Full & SME): This award celebrates the outstanding achievements of APCO’s newest members, highlighting their dedication and commitment to sustainability.
- Best of the Best Reporting Excellence Award (Full & SME): These awards are given to the highest performing APCO Member for a Full Report and an SME Report out of the APCO Industry Sector Awards winners.
The APCO Annual Awards will be held on November 2 at the Maritime Museum Sydney. This year’s awards ceremony will also be preceded by a half-day conference exploring the themeThe Future of Packaging.
Click here to apply for the awards.
The deadline to submit nominations for the awards is25 August. Click here for a full list of award categories. Tickets for the awards ceremony and conference will be available for purchase on 8 August.